How do I microdose?
A: There are a few proven and well used by many methods to microdosing.
If this is your first time consuming any type of psychedelic start off with Dr. Fadiman’s approach. After experimenting if you desire more effect try the workaholic’s approach.
Dr. Fadiman’s Approach (1 microdose every 3 days)
Dr. Fadiman recommends taking one microdose every 3 days to prevent changes of tolerance over time. Take 1 microdose pill (Spore Wellness or Neuro Botanicals) each morning with breakfast on the indicated days below.
Week 1: Mon/Thu/Sun
Week 2: Wed/Sat
Week 3: Tues/Fri
Week 4: Mon/Thu/Sum
This plan is geared towards individuals looking for high performance at work and creative fields. We recommend this approach to be used after having tried Dr. Fadiman’s approach. This method requires a daily microdose during the week and weekends are left open for recovery to baseline, in case of changes in effect over time. Take 1 microdose pill (Spore Wellness or Neuro Botanicals) each morning with breakfast on the indicated days below.
Week 1: Mon/Tue/Wed/Thu/Fri
Week 2: Mon/Tue/Wed/Thu/Fri
Week 3: Mon/Tue/Wed/Thu/Fri
Week 4: Mon/Tue/Wed/Thu/Fri
Balanced Microdose Approach
If you find that Dr. Fadiman’s approach is not providing the desired effects, try this method. Similar to Dr. Fadiman’s approach but instead of every 3 days, microdose every other day. Microdoses are taken 3-4 times per week. Take 1 microdose pill (Spore Wellness or Neuro Botanicals) each morning with breakfast on the indicated days below.
Week 1: Mon/Wed/Fri/Sun
Week 2: Tue/Thu/Sat
Week 3: Mon/Wed/Fri/Sun
Week 4: Tue/Thu/Sat
Q: How do I know microdosing is working?
A: Since a microdose is meant to be non-psychoactive it is difficult to measure its effects without being very conscious of yourself. Some self-reflection is required to understand your improvements. You can track the effects with this ‘Check Yourself’ checklist. Most likely, you won’t be affected in all areas, but it’s important to take a comprehensive review of the effects. There are 7 areas to track:
- Mental: Notice the thoughts running through your mind. Are they the same as usual, or different in nature? Are you having more or fewer thoughts than usual? In general, is your mind more clear or more cluttered?
- Creative: Are you finding new qualities in things, like stories in objects? Do you find your mind wandering in directions it doesn’t usually? Are you getting more ideas than usual? Do solutions to problems come more easily?
- Emotional: Do your feelings take on any different qualities than before? Are there more or fewer feelings experienced than usual? How quickly do you process them before reaching a resolution and moving on? Is sex better, or a different quality?
- Social: How are you expressing your thoughts and feelings? Are there any changes in the pacing, tone, or nature of your speech? What about your facial expressions? Do you smile more or less? What frequency do you agree or disagree with someone in conversation? Do you talk differently with your coworkers, spouse, friends and family? The barista at the local coffee shop?
- Body: Take a look at how aware (or not aware) you are of your body. Now zoom in on the body by closing your eyes and taking a few deep breaths. Slow your mind and place your full attention on any sensations in your body. Do you notice anything?
- Capabilities: Notice if you’re more able to complete certain tasks than usual. This might manifest as changes in attention span, physical/visual acuity, verbal fluidity, problem solving ability, empathy, different areas of awareness, and so on.
- Outlook: Are you more positive or negative? More optimistic or pessimistic? More or less skeptical? More fearful and guarded, or open to possibilities Feelings of oneness, universality, truth, connectedness, love, or peace are also in this area.
Q: Can I become dependent on mushrooms?
A: Studies have shown that magic mushrooms do not have tendencies to cause addiction. On the contrary magic mushrooms have been used therapeutically to end addiction. With repeated consumption one’s tolerance may increase, requiring a larger dose to achieve the same effects.
Q: How does psilocybin tolerance work?
A: Consuming magic mushrooms on a regular basis will build your tolerance for psilocybin. Tolerance to psilocybin builds and dissipates quickly. If you take magic mushrooms about once a week, the effects will be diminished. The built up tolerance should dissipate if you take a few days off.